Saturday, August 27, 2011

Romantic Inspiration

While searching through Michael's for something worthy of my coupons, only a select few items are ever worthy, I came across a pendant in the jewelry section. It seemed sweet and I very much wanted to make something with it. The fact that I fell in love with it did not mean I had any ideas what to do with it. I decided it was worthy of the valuable coupon and took it home to ponder it's future. After picking it up and putting it down several times I had an idea to use it as a button. Then one evening I just started to crochet and it became a bracelet.
I've heard of artists saying that they do not create their art they are just a means for it. As though they are picking a "fruit" from a imaginary tree. I always thought it to be a bunch of talk. In this case I understood the statement. I had no real idea of what this was going to be beforehand and was delighted to see it completed. Its a bit of a romantic inspiration that I gladly welcome back anytime. I have since placed it on my Etsy shop. I just hope that someone will love it as much as I do or maybe even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment